Article Submission Guidelines for Family Office Magazine and Art & Museum Magazine
While there is no cost associated when submitting an article, we do ask that you subscribe to our Magazine (subscribe here)
"As a subscriber, you will receive Family Office Magazine and Art & Museum every quarter. You can also list you name on our LinkedIn Company Page as a writer or contributor."
Submitting an article to our magazines.
(1) Read the guidelines below, but the process is simple.
(2) Write an article not exceeding 1000 words for Family Office Magazine and 800 words Art & Museum Magazine
(3) All images must be high resolution (300 DPI) this is very important!
(4) Send your article to our independent proofing editor, Karen Boston by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a grammar check and review (you will need to pay the proofing editor a nominal fee)
(5) Once the article has been approved by the proofing editor, then submit the finished article and images to us via www.wetransfer.com (please put you name company and article name in the comment box)
Our guidelines will greatly assist you before you submit an article to us.
Submission Requirements: Articles for submission must not have been previously published. Articles must be submitted in English, British English Grammar.
We cannot accept articles in a foreign language or broken English. It is also essential that Articles are copy-edited (proofed) by Karen Boston by e mail email@example.com before submission.
Please do not use written or visual content taken from any source without the permission of the writer or author.
There is no cost involved in submitting an article. However, if the article is solely promoting a brand, business or service it is paid content. Please email us for the media kit for paid content or advertising
The word count or length of articles should normally be:
· no more than 1000 words for Family Office Magazine
· not more than 750 words for Art & Museum Magazine
· A feature article (up to 3000 words) has to be agreed in advance with the editorial department. Please email us on
· No indentation at the beginning of paragraphs.
· No formatting or fancy text
· No bullet points
· No footnotes at the bottom of page
· Send the article in a plain word document and not a PDF
· Do not include images in the Word File
All images must be in 300 DPI High Resolution, do not send snapshots or images that you have taken from the internet. Charts and graphs must also be in 300 DPI High resolution.
Rights and Permission:
You must hold the copyright or get permission from the owners of any photos or images. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material. Again, you must seek permission from the copyright owner for the use of images.
Acceptable File Types:
· Please submit articles in MS Word, not PDF
· All Images should be named (article name image name)
· Please state which Magazine your article is being submitted for.
· Images should be in JPEG, Photoshop or TIFF format
· All Images and company logos should be in 300DP high resolution and not less.
· Images should be in CMYK for print (not RGB) -Very important
When submitting an article, PLEASE do not send the article or part of the article in the body of an e mail, send the finished article as an attached word file with images via https://wetransfer.com/
If you want your name in the byline (naming the writer of the article), please include it in the article. The correct format should be "by your name."
You can also include a short bio. However, we may edit it because of space restrictions.
Please remember to include any image captions, web address, byline or bio in the article. If we receive an article and this information is omitted for any reason, we may not have time to include this information at a later stage.
Sending by We Transfer
Once you have prepared the article, you can send the article with the images via "WeTransfer" WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files to us. Please add a note in the comment bis with the name of the article and for which publication. https://wetransfer.com
Once you have read and adhered to our guidelines and you submit an article for consideration, we will typically get back to you before the next issue; please do not send repeated e mail messages or phone calls, if there are any issues we will get back to you.
When you submit an article, there is no guarantee that we will publish it, however, if you have adhered to these guidelines and it's well written and proofed we will normally publish it.
If you need hard copies of the Magazine that includes an article, we can arrange a short run of 20 copies at cost. We do not send hard copies to everyone who submits an article.
Additional service for contributors: Family Office Magazine is keen to uphold a high standard of editorial content for our publications. We sometimes have to reject articles which are not in keeping with our editorial style, the calibre of audience and quality controls. As an additional service for contributors or those who have limited time, we are able to offer a very efficient, flexible and subsidised reviewing and editing service by external writers.
These are a number of options:
1) Substantial re-write of an article: £250-400 according to length
2) Review and quality editing: £150-250 according to length
3) Write an entire article of 1000 words or more from £900
You will be free to retain the edited version and to circulate the magazine article through your own networks.